- 1.) AWARD WINNING: You will appreciate that we are the only Award Winning Massage Therapy School in Iowa with many Award Winning faculty on our team. In addition, our President, Kristen Sharma, was honored by the Iowa Governor, with the Deb Dalziel Award for making a significant difference for others. She was also given a standing ovation by the Iowa Senate and House of Representatives for her work in making a difference in Iowa. This is not an average or ordinary program, but a program of excellence! Quality is our primary focus and if you like helping others and making a difference, you have come to the right place. We are the premier and most comprehensive program in the area with the most experienced instructors. Our students appreciate the one to one attention and the quality of instruction that is hard to find elsewhere. (See our testimonials of many happy students) Our 1000 hour program is our most popular and we also offer an 800 and 650 hour program. You will complete your program in 6, 12 or 18 months depending on the program you choose which suites your needs best. See for yourself why our graduates feel they chose the Best Massage Therapy Program in the area and are raving fans.
- 2.) MORE MODALITIES & TECHNIQUES Statistics show the more hours you do, the higher your score will be on the Board Exam. You will love all of the different techniques and modalities taught at East-West School. Each year we add something new and stay on the cutting edge. You will learn to master both Swedish Massage and Asian Bodywork along with many other styles. This ensures a rich education and puts “more tools in your toolbox” once working as a therapist and healer. Students especially love all of our advanced elective classes. Knowing more can also give you a longer more abundant career with a higher chance for success. Our 1000 hour program also helps you to be at the top in your field and eligible to practice in more states.
- 3.) EXPERT INSTRUCTORS AND MORE TIME: We have over 20 professionals on our faculty, many award winning, along with 3 Directors to guide and support you. Your eduction will be vast and full of variety. You will learn an extensive number of modalities, both eastern and western massage techniques plus more. Many of our instructors have been in the business for over 25 years with an accumulative of over 200 years total. We also give you more time to complete your programs free. You won’t need to feel rushed at East-West School. Our programs can be completed in 6, 12 or 18 months.
“Every class has been wonderful. The instructors are always outstanding and the Directors are very kind people.”
-Mia Nixon, 2011 graduate
- 4.) FINANCIAL AID & 0% INTEREST RATE LOANS: You will love the easy payment plans at East-West School. Unlike most student loans, East-West does not charge an interest rate. East-West can make your education affordable, and you can enjoy the peace of mind of paying no interest, unlike Government Financial Aid Loans, which are currently at 6.8% interest in most situations. Many of our students have received up to $5,600 in awards and scholarships making our program extremely affordable for almost everyone looking for a new career in Massage Therapy.
“I took advantage of the 0% interest rate loan at East-West and had the entire loan paid in full before I graduated. It was easy and saved me money on interest payments.”
-Vicki Norris, 2012 Graduate
- 5.) LICENSED STUDENT ADVISERS You will have your own Student Adviser here. We will help you every step of the way via our full-time Licensed Massage Therapists who also serve as our Student Advisers. If you have any questions or need help, we have an excellent staff to answer your questions. You will feel supported and your questions regarding your program are always welcome. Our door is always open and we all want to see you succeed.
- 6.) JOB PLACEMENT: We work hard to help you find work after you graduate too. East-West School has a professional clinic where our best students can find full-time and part-time work right away after they graduate. We also have a very successful sister spa company, A Massage Oasis, which has many locations in the area including the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, ACT, University of Iowa Campus and more. We will work with you to polish your resume, interviewing skills and massage techniques so you will land the massage job or contract of your dreams or start your own business. We also have a “Job/Help Wanted Folder” full of job opportunities in and around the surrounding communities. We are there for you every step of the way. At this time, East-West massage therapists are in demand and it is a growing industry. The average Licensed Massage Therapist in the USA earns over $40,000/year according to online resources.
“Kristen found me full-time work after I graduated. I love my job at A Massage Oasis and work there 5 days/week. I’ve never been happier.”
-Kim Irlbeck, 2010 Graduate
- 7.) OWN YOUR OWN BUSINESS: You will walk away with everything you need to start your own business including a Massage Table, Massage Chair and all the equipment needed. Business tutoring from the University of Iowa Small Business Development Center is included in your program at East-West School along with Business Coaching & Classes for all students.
- 8.) PASS THE BOARDS GUARANTEE: We’re so sure you’ll pass your Boards the first time when you attend East-West School, that we have a Guarantee. We Guarantee you’ll pass your Boards the first time or we’ll give you the Anatomy and Pathology hours again for FREE. This is more than an $2,000.00 value. Your success is our top priority!
“I passed my boards on the first try. It was so exciting to get started working right away! I love my new career!”
-Marla Bentley, 2010 Graduate
- 9.) RECEIVE CASH TIPS WHILE ATTENDING SCHOOL: You will go home with cash. At East-West School, students commonly receive hundreds of dollars in tips while working their clinic internship. Students can also apply for a work program grant, which helps save on their tuition.
“It’s always great to get a tip from a clinic client. I got a lot of them as I did 75 clinic massages, and earned hundreds.”
-Rheannon Shipp, 2010 Graduate
- 10.) CLOSE TO EVERYTHING: You will love this part too! We have a great location close to I-80 for safe winter travel, with over 25 eating establishments within a few minutes drive. The Coral Ridge Mall, Costco and Walmart are also just 5 minutes from our front door. Perfect for students who like to get away during lunch and breaks. Our students also enjoy nature near our beautiful pond and fountain just out our back door. We also offer an on-site kitchen and outdoor patio furniture for picnics and outdoor classes. The interior of the school is beautiful and designed with Feng Shui concepts.
“We like going to the mall on our lunch break. It’s just 5 minutes away!”
-Michelle Breffel, 2011 Student
- 11.) WELLNESS CENTER BONUS: You can learn and get in shape all at the same time! Our beautiful 2008 building also has a wellness center that is open 24 hours/day, seven days/week, with a sauna, steam room, massage room, aerobics, yoga, weights, dance, pilates, showers, lockers…plus more. Each student will receive a free gym pass for a day and additional discounts if they choose to join the club. The gym also offers an amazing fresh fruit smoothie bar and gourmet coffee bar for our students enjoyment.
“I joined CORE fitness with the student discount, and work out regularly after class. It is so convenient! I also love their smoothies!”
-Samantha Yarrington, 2010 Student
- 12.) CONTINUING EDUCATION: With on-going commitment to continuing education, we offer an extensive CEU program. The most comprehensive and largest in the area with NEW courses being added regularly taught by nationally recognized instructors. Many special events annually. Regular coupons and discounts are offered to our alumni.
“Ralph Stephens teaches at East-West and he’s the best teacher I’ve ever had for continuing education!”
-Dick Swartzendruber, LMT
- 13.) COMMUNITY OUTREACH: Do you like to make a difference for others? We do too! We are known in the area for our community outreach and regular volunteer work. We offer our students many opportunities to “give back” and help others as part of their program. We annually donate massages to teachers, area volunteers for non-profit organizations, Hospice, The Women’s Foundation, the North Liberty Food Pantry and the University of Iowa Health Fair. Giving back is one of the Core Values of East-West School.
“The things I learned at East-West School transformed my life. Even my family can see it.”
-Shannon Evans, 2010 Graduate
- 14.) CLOSE TO IOWA CITY & CEDAR RAPIDS: We are located in North Liberty, the fastest growing community in the state, and just 15 minutes from the Cedar Rapids border and 10 minutes from Iowa City, which is the home of the University of Iowa Hawkeyes and their ever growing campus. Being close saves on gas money!
“I enjoyed attending the University of Iowa and East-West School at the same time. It was close and the travel was easy, even in winter. I have now graduated and work at a spa. I love it!”
-Sarah McPeak, 2010 Graduate
- 15.) ALUMNI PROGRAM: You’re always part of the East-West School family. Alumni receive on-going benefits such as complimentary and discounted Clinic Massages, periodic free classes and workshops, gatherings, facebook and more. We are always here to help our graduates with questions, continuing education, business advice and job placement assistance.